ObsidianWire Traditional Vintage 50's Pro-Wired Electronics for Les Paul® are a pop in replacement for your old Gibson® Les Paul® wiring harness and converts it back to the coveted 50's wiring diagram which is revered by many as the best Les Paul® wiring available.
Best of all, these are super easy to install, and allow for unlimited solder-less pickup changes with ObsidianWire Plug, Play and Enjoy connectors.
Super Sweet to Full on Growls and Moans - The Traditional Vintage 50's Pro-Wired Electronics for Les Paul:
ObsidianWire Traditional Vintage 50's Pro-Wired Electronics for Les Paul converts your guitar back to original 50's spec which has a number of advantages of the current factory method of wiring.
As you roll back your volume you will notice that the treble loss is greatly reduced to a much smoother level. This turns your volume control into the perfect tool for rolling between a super sweet clean tone with just the very top end knocked off, to a full on Les Paul style onslaught, with all of the growl and moan that the Les Paul is famous for.
Further more, by placing the tone control back behind the volume control, the two start to interact more dynamically with a turn of each affecting the response of the other.
ObsidianWire Pro-Wired Electronics are built using the world’s best craftsmanship and components:
- 4 x Premium Selected CTS Split Shaft Pots 500k (+/-6%) (Matched to +/-2%) (Long Shaft with extra nuts can be used with long shaft or short shaft guitars)
- 1 x Genuine Switchcraft Short Toggle Switch (Pro-Wired for use in Gibson® Les Pauls® + Epiphone® Les Pauls® with a little modification)
- 2 x Obsidian Select Capacitor (150 Series Polyester Film 0.022uf) (Hand Tested to +/-10%)
- 1 x Genuine Switchcraft J11 Mono Output jack
- 1 x Pre Printed & Easy to Follow Wiring Diagram
- 1 x Endless Customer Support
ObsidianWire Pro-Wired Electronics for Les Paul, are designed to be a direct fit for American Gibson® Les Pauls®.
They can also be used and are a great upgrade for Epiphone Les Pauls. Please note that for Epiphones you will need to widen the holes in the body for the higher grade, US spec electronics and get new 24 spline knobs to fit. Attempting to use your old metric knobs will damage your new Pro-Wired Electronics.